Our stay in the P.I. was short. Because mommy was constantly sick from the car rides, aside from Tagaytay and Laguna, we spent a lot of time in the hotel and in shopping malls in Mandaluyong and Makati. The mall experience was like a drugged nightmare! It was similar to US mall but on steroids with butt to butt crowds, loud music, and sales people in your face. This was the first time I went to the Philippines and skipped out on my parent's province. It was a little sad, but hey, I didn't really want to see my mom's niece and nephew who scandalously stole money from her! (Some of you know what I'm talkin' about and yes, I did go there!). In any case, we were fortunate to have many relatives visit us in our hotel room and we hope to travel to the birthplace of Lucy's grandparents on the next trip!
Visiting the Philippines this time around with Tom was so different. We received a lot of stares from people. Everyone was always inquiring about the foreigner and his Filipina wife and kid. It came to the point that we now call Tom the "Big F."
Here are some photos visiting with cousin's in the Philippines...
It was cool in Tagaytay...


It was HOT in Laguna!
Lucy with Ate Meann...
Lucy with 'pretty' Aea...
She checked email daily in the P.I.
Aside from two other massages, some of us went to go get pampered at a day spa...
Dad was officially a 'woman for a day'
Lucy's Gichan's sister, Sayoko, bought Lucy her first Jin Bei. More from Japan next week....





3 comments:
Lucy is livin the life!
LOL it's funny how filipinos will pick up on Tom being a "foreigner"...is it because he looks healthy and has straight teeth? Filipinos (from the Philippines) always think I'm Chinese so there's definitely some stereotyping going on over there. I suppose I'll have to wear my bahag (Igorot loincloth) more often to remove any doubt. I told my mother about this and she said "Oh those poor people they are just bakya (hicks). They don't get out very often". I had to laugh because my mother just stereotyped THEM... :)
Oh that was me above...I forgot my signature!!!
Jesse
Post a Comment