Today, Tom went on his first business trip since we have been together. We were both pathetically anxious about this because we really enjoy being together and don't like to take overnight trips without being with one another. Both our fathers spent a majority of our childhoods away from home, a choice that was out of financial need. Fortuntately for Lucy, at this time we do not have those financial pressures that have kept families apart.
I called Tom this afternoon just to talk. Our conversation went like this:
Teresa (Lots of embarrassed laughter):Hi, I am sad. I feel lonely. I miss you.
Tom (Also laughing, partly joking): Aw, 'cuz were best friends!
Teresa (Still giggling): We are!
Oh god! Did I say pathetic? What is our daughter going to think when she get's older? My M.I.L. once told me she thought that some couples just enjoy living symbiotic lives. I guess that would be us...I wonder if Lucy will notice he is gone tonight?
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear DIL, I love you and I love that you love my son, and I love reading your blog.
MIL
Post a Comment