We went to Vallejo this weekend to see the house one last time. My parent's finally sold it and now we are all moving on to our next phase in life...Simultaneously! Mom and dad are moving home base back to the Philippines, Lea bought a place in Napa, and I am going back to grad school for an MSW in the fall. Life has been good to us in the past few years and yet it has still been stressful. Life hasn't always been fair but it is now good. I am sad that Lucy will never know my parent's home while she grows up, I won't have their home to run to when I am down, and we will now have to redefine/recreate where and how we spend our holidays. I don't think I like change!!! On a lighter note, here are some of the things we did at 'home'....
...We met Darrien who was 10 days old in this picture...
...We also met Cousin Miles for the first time...
...And them we gave him his 'alone' time in the bumbo chair...
...We tried lemon for the first time and really liked it (not so much the second time)...
...We received 'pasalubong' (gifts) from our cousins in the Philippines and then said "Goodbye House!"
In addition Lucy has begun to mirror us! She has learned to tilt her head flirtatiously, stick her tongue out when prompted, and wave bye...
2 comments:
why am i sad now?!
redefine holidays & where to spend it?! awww...
i was also sad to find out that those funny filipinos were buying your parents house. there goes a piece of us growing up...and soon, my parents will be doing the same thing....wahhh wahhhh!
but--thats dope that you are gonna be starting msw program! you go!!! now that is some serious multi-tasking but well-worth it!
i wish i could have spent more time with Lucy. i heard she was so charming with jen & eric...well...i guess we are really gonna have to try to go to l.a. for a drive.
take care!
Lucy, you are stylin' with those blue jeans with ?ruffled hems?! Dam, you ARE the best dressed baby in the whole world...
Post a Comment