Thursday, July 21, 2005

Beached Wife



I am laying up on the sofa like a beached wife. (For the record, Tom doesn't think this is funny given that many people tryto save these whales...someone please save me!). I was emailing with my friend Jesse and told him I as afraid to post anything else on the blog because at this point it would be just pure bitching. God bless him because he told me it was ok to bitch! He reminded me that carrying and delivering a baby is hard work...so, here I am...I can't stop eating, I am tired as hell, I'm swollen, and the thought of walking out in to the heat is making me cringe!!! I swear, I may be better off just having the baby now. Waiting only creates unnecessary anxiety. Like my mother-in-law says, anxiety is the root of all evil....well, I am feeling evil about now! Haha....

Tonight Tom and I have a "Newborn Baby Care" class at Kaiser. While I have taken care of newborns in the past, something tells me I am not going to know her head from her bottom at this point. I hope this class eases my mind a little.

I spoke to another cousin of mine who is also having a her first baby (Name to be announced when she says it is ok to tell everyone). I have to admit that I am so fortunate to have a friend and a cousin going through similar experiences as I. I only wish I was having a baby closer to my extended family in the Bay Area so that she could know that Joy (and sometimes..lots of time...PAIN) of having a huge family.

OK, we are at week 38! Countdown is on! Wanna take bets on when baby Lucy decides to arrive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the choice of photos! And you're even wearing a grey dress! he he! I'm not looking forward to the beached whale phase, but I guess its inevitable.